Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Questions, Day 1

Super crazy busy day again! I only have about half an hour to write and post this, so I'm going to answer a handful of questions from yesterday's comments. I'll try to get to more of them tomorrow. If there's something you'd like to know and haven't already asked, feel free to comment on either this post or yesterday's. You guys are incredible, as always. Looking forward to reading the things you come up with!

Anna:
"What are you looking forward to most about being a sophomore in college?"
Hayley: Living in close proximity to my school friends again.

Veronica: "Are you planning on doing Nanowrimo this year?"
Hayley: Of course! We'll see if I finish this time.

Nela: "What's your favorite piece of cutlery?"
Hayley: I'll go with spoons. You can scoop most forkable objects, but you can't fork liquid.

Kai: "How do you feel about being a 'Christian role model' at the camp you work at?"
Hayley: That's a really good question. My campers are eleven, so I don't condescend and try to act all perfect. I just try to be friendly and project happiness, even when I'm not feeling it.

Sammie: "What's your most played song on iTunes?"
Hayley: It's actually a three-second clip of The Situation saying, "We don't have any eggs!" because it makes me laugh. The top SONG, though, is "Even Though" by Darren Criss, from the MaMD soundtrack.

Kay: "Would you ever go sky diving? Do you drink the milk after you finish your cereal? Favorite fruit? Favorite chocolate bar?"
Hayley: I like to say that I would... but I'd probably chicken out. No, I don't. Strawberries... and kiwis... and peaches... and blackberries. Chocolove Strong Dark.

Tara: "Are you living on campus again this year?"
Hayley: Yep!

Caitlin: "Could you talk about your writing process?"
Hayley: Sure! I'll write a note to myself and talk about that sometime soon.

Christina: "Can you please recommend books to read? Something similar to Jessica Darling."
Hayley: Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson, Jake, Reinvented by Gordon Korman, The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson.

Ben: If you looked into the Mirror of Erised, what would you see?
Hayley: Food. Always.

Tessa: What is one day you'd like to go back and redo just because it was so fun?
Hayley: This weekend was fun enough for a replay.

Sarah: How does Date Night, in your mind, compare to Baby Mama and Mean Girls?
Hayley: They're all intended for different demographics, so they're obviously quite different. Obviously, Mean Girls is a total masterpiece-- I feel like I'm not even worthy to dissect it. Baby Mama didn't TOTALLY blow me away the first time I saw it, but it's now become one of my ultimate favorite movies over time. Date Night was really great, but not on a zomg-I-worship-it level.

Today, I saw: The Princess Bride for-- believe it or not-- the first time.
Today, I heard: "He Loves U Not" by Dream, in an attempt to relive my childhood.
Today, I smelled: groooooss KFC at a rest stop in Pennsylvania.
Today, I touched: a sleeping bag that I had scrunched into the passenger seat of my boyfriend's van. It was quite the feat. Quite the comfy one.
Today, I tasted: half a Hungry Howie's pizza. The Situation bought us one, and I had it half-balanced on my lap because it was so hot, as we drove down the highway at night, shoveling it into our faces. It was remarkably romantic.

Chipotle burritos this year: 23
Subscribers: 33,255
Nail color: Really needs to be changed.

47 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes!!! The Princess Bride!!

I don't use this word very, often, but - wasn't it EPIC??

I like the ROUSes. Rodents of unusual size.

And congrats on the sleeping bag feat. Also, I know exactly how you feel about the pizza. It's like - if I have the pizza on my lap, I get to eat the most of it, but I also get third degree burns on my thighs!!!

And here's my question for you: what is your favorite video you've ever made? And which one did you enjoy making most? I love your annoyance vids. They never fail to make me laugh.

beangirl1389 said...

I totally agree with you on the spoon/fork issue. Even Though is one of my top played songs too, its so good. It's INCONCEIVABLE that you've never seen the Princess Bride until now, its a great movie and one of my favorites.

Hannah said...

Please ignore my pathetic misplaced comma. I am ashamed of it.

Ms Rodgers said...

You only JUST saw the Princess Bride?! Miss Hoover!! :-p

Please tell me you have seen the Labyrinth? If not... go see it... NOW and also the Dark Crystal is pretty awesome. I don't know why I lump those three movies together, but they always seem to go together as part of my childhood.

Also God isn't Wesley sexy?

"As you wish"

Yummy

xox

Jess said...

Yay for the Princess Bride! Ah, that brings back memories of sixth grade, when my friend Ellen and I would randomly quote it while everyone else stared at us like we were crazy. Good times.

Have fun storming the castle!

anna said...

Spot on with being closer to school friends again. I leave Wednesday, day 1 of a 2 day road trip and I couldn't be more exited.

I can't believe today was the first time you saw The Princess Bride. Isn't it lovely?

Dana said...

What did you think of The Princess Bride?

Kai said...

LOVE the princess bride!
And thank you so much for answering my question, I really appreciate it :)

Meghan said...

I love the Princess Bride!!! Have you read the book? It is easily one of the best books I've ever read.

Ravenclaw2313 said...

Since it's been asked I'm sure that you'll tell us what you thought of The Princess Bride, but I just had to say that it's my favorite movie of all time. I actually own 4 different copies of it (don't judge me).
-Mallory

Zoe K~! said...

Today I saw: A small boy eat candy off the floor and have his father go "Johnny! No! Spit that out right now!
Today I heard: The shmoozing of me and my mother by a very persuasive middle eastern man into buying two expensive hair straighteners... I still don't know what happened...
Today I smelled: Bath and Body Works.
Today I touched: My copy of Geektastic.
Today I tasted: The best meal I've had in a long time. Full on polish, with kilbasa, sausage, pirogi, Potato pancakes.... oh yum....

I HAZ A QUESTION OR TWO!
1. What is your favorite season of Scrubs?
2. What was the first video that you saw of the Vlogbrothers?

Hayley, your the most freaking awesome person I know, and don't stop. Making pop. DJ blow my speakers up. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself...

Bre Melvin said...

seriously, you had never seen Princess Bride until today? -sigh- well now your life is complete... well almost, go read the book.

Michael said...

Do you have a favorite piece of non-fiction literature?

Penina said...

DARREN CRISS!!!
My very, very high estimation of you has just evolved into a feeling that's something like kinship.

Melody said...

Saw: A movie and a half of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (We're having another marathon.)
Heard: My mom, going through a coupon book, and bursting out, from the next room: "Why is there no dog food on sale?! Our dog is going to starve!" (I love my mom.)
Touched: Burning hot toothbrushes, in a sad attempt to make toothbrush bracelets. It didn't work out very well.
Smelled: Cooking pasta and cheese.
Tasted: Animal fries from In-N-Out.

thatothergrace said...

Darren Criss is the top played song on my ipod to. <3

Princess Bride! I love that movie. hehe Humperdink... :)

thatothergrace said...

oh, my favorite part has to be "Hello my name is inigo mantoya, you killed my father preparde to die."

I cant believe no one has mentioned that yet.

J said...

I still need to see The Princess Bride but my brother read the novel (The Goldman version) and he recommends that over the movie.

Sarah said...

The Princess Bride is an awesome movie!

Okay, here are my questions:
Which Harry Potter character(s) do you relate the most to? Why?
If you could switch lives with one Youtuber for a day, who would it be?

Kristen said...

Ah, at least better to see The Princess Bride later in life than not at all.

So my question is: what was your favorite moment(s) from the film?

toastburntbread said...

I feel like your blog is sort of an autobiography, but we are missing the chapter where you met the Situation and how the Situation and you came to be!

so my questions are:
-how did the Situation and youcome to be this lovely couple?

toastburntbread said...

*my question is

Unknown said...

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorites! A lot of people don't know that it's actually a book, too. A really hilarious book, because the author wrote it to look like it was a new edition of an old book with all kinds of commentary in it. I'd definitely suggest picking it up sometime. If I remember correctly, it's a quick read.

Unknown said...

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorites! A lot of people don't know that it's actually a book, too. A really hilarious book, because the author wrote it to look like it was a new edition of an old book with all kinds of commentary in it. I'd definitely suggest picking it up sometime. If I remember correctly, it's a quick read.

JawaKitten said...

Today, I saw: My two best friends. I hadn't seen them in way too long, but that was remedied today.
Today, I heard: The Me and My Dick soundtrack. I love it too much.
Today, I smelled: Oddly-scented hand sanitizer.
Today, I touched: My friends new kittens. They are incredibly adorable.
Today, I tasted: Zucchini fries. Best. Food. Ever.

What animal do you feel represents you the best?
For instance, mine's a cat because that's my favorite animal, and I've always been around at least one cat. I sometimes feel like I understand cats way better than I understand humans.
Having reread that, I realize that I sound a little crazy. So it goes.

The Vagabond said...

Favourite play slash musical?

kmyhatisgone said...

I just have to say, I love that your 'most listened to' song is Even Though. Somehow you just became even more awesome.

AND while I'm here, random question: what is your stance on croutons?

*goes back to uni work*

Unknown said...

Hayley, would you ever make a video about being a vegetarian? Not to promote it or anything because that is kind of holier-than-thou, but just to talk about the sort of things that you eat. Being a vegetarian for almost 6 years myself, I always get asked "Oh my GOSH how do you LIVE?"

Steve said...

What did you think of the Princess Bride? I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago (age 20). I loved the first half, up to the point where Buttercup and Westley reunite, after that i thought it was pretty 'meh'.

Aidan said...

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

VTBurninator said...

Never seen The Princess Bride?!?! Wow....just wow! In elementary school we use to stand at the top of a hill and yell "as you wish..." and throw ourselves down it. Glad you finally saw it, but this makes me curious as to other gaps in your movie education. I will work on a list for you!

So, when does school start? Since you're an old hat at this college stuff, planning on doing anything different for take two?

Newt said...

"Today, I saw: The Princess Bride for-- believe it or not-- the first time."
...Well, at least you've seen it now! Have you read the book? I almost liked the book better, but I don't know if I can say that because the guy in the movie...XD
"Ben: If you looked into the Mirror of Erised, what would you see?
Hayley: Food. Always."
Increased level of awesome is increased.

Georgia said...

Did The Princess Bride just blow you away?

Lauren Sauer said...

Have you ever read The Hunger Games? Do you want to? Favorite Potter book/film? Are you seeing Deathly Hallows at the midnight release?

TheGingerHermione said...

Do you ever think you are a nicer version of Crabbe/Goyle because of your love of food?

What is your favourite movie of all time? Favourite book?

nela said...

Here's a question: which program do you use to edit your videos?

storminmay said...

"Ben: If you looked into the Mirror of Erised, what would you see?
Hayley: Food. Always."

BRILLIANT.

Linda said...

Did you know that there's going to be a Mean Girls 2? Are you as DEVASTATED AS I AM?!

Anonymous said...

questions - i can't remember the name of the book, but I read one containing one of your short stories. how did it wind up in there? is it a true story?

apples_and_pancakes said...

1. Top Ten favorite books? I want an updated list obviously, since you've probably read something list worthy in the last two years.

2. Have you written more of your nanowrimo story about the 13 year old Gina since November?

Abby said...

Have you ever seen Wicked?

Cassie said...

He Loves U Not was my friends and my favorite song in the fourth grade. We used to walk around the playground sining it. I bought this horrible CD that just has that song badly remixed 5 different ways on it.

tranquilily said...

Oh my God, Dream! I remember listening to that song over and over with my friend, trying to learn all the words. 90s pop is so bad but it brings back fun memories!

And Princess Bride and Darren Criss and pizza are awesome too.

Kristina said...

Inconceivable!

Alex Dahlberry said...

This may be a totally weird thing to say, but I love your life. xD

Caitlin said...

I like your Today, I section. There are so many people in my life or in the distance (Hi!) who are so good at being consistent. Why does this not rub off me? WHY???

I also like that you respond to comments on your blog. Thats' cool.

I like you, basically.

Sammie said...

Now I have a really big craving for pizza...haha. Also-I haven't seen The Princess Bride. Was it worth all the hype?