Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Aim or A-I-M?

Thanks for all your well wishes on yesterday's post, guys. It's a little bit comforting to know that my phobia isn't uncommon, and your comments made me less nervous for my appointment tomorrow. I'm just going to go in there, bite my lip, and hope it goes by quickly. I hope. Hopefully.

In other news, my headache persisted all night, and even after several Tylenol, I barely slept. I was exhausted this morning when I forced myself into the shower, and I skipped church to take a nap. I pretty much slept all day, and yet I still feel tired now. Maybe I'm getting sick? I don't know. That would be better than allowing these pains to continue, unexplained.

To lighten the mood a bit, I've decided to take an easy way out of tonight's blog and answer one of those ridiculous myspace surveys from my childhood-- seriously, this time. That's what people did in their xanga blogs, right? Hold on, I'll find one that looks particularly stupid. "75 Questions I Bet You've Never Been Asked Before." This sounds promising!

1. First thing you wash in the shower?: I shave my legs first.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?: Gray.

3.Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?: MAYBE IF HE DIDN'T LIVE SO FRIGGIN FAR AWAY. Yes.

4. Do you plan outfits?: No.

5. How are you feeling right now?: Mentally tired, physically restless.

6. What's the closest thing to you that's red?: Assuming coral counts as red, practically everything in my room.

7. Do you say aim or A-I-M?: I say it's 2010.

8. Last dream you remember having?: My teeth falling out. I have that a lot.

9. Did you meet anybody new today?: No.

10. What are you craving right now?: Liposuction. I ate something like three cupcakes today.

11. Do you floss?: Not as often as I should. Maybe the guilt that stems from my lack of flossing routine is responsible for those dreams.

12. What comes to mind when I say "cabbage?": Hmm. "Why in the world am I filling out a myspace survey?"

13. When was the last time you talked on AIM?: Probably when I got my braces on and I really wanted Jon S. to hold my hand during couples' skate.

14. Are you emotional?: Well. Yes, I am, but I don't tend to express those emotions typically in my everyday life.

15. Would you dance to the taco song?: This was obviously not intended for people my age.

16. Have you ever counted to 1000?: No.

17. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?: Okay, no, I can't do this anymore.

Today, I saw: the inside of my head, as I slept.
Today, I heard: the voices in my head, as I slept.
Today, I smelled: the made-up aromas of my dreams, as I slept.
Today, I touched: my bed, as I slept.
Today, I tasted: a ton of food at my grandma's house. Some desires are stronger than headaches.

Chipotle burritos this year: 24
Subscribers: 34,054
Nail color: "Parisian Plum," Cover Girl

30 comments:

Ms Rodgers said...

Good luck for tomorrow. You'll be fine !! :)

Today, I saw: The pile of work on my desk and wished I had called in sick!

Today, I heard: A dam bird at 3am tweeting way before dawn. Stupid bird!

Today, I smelled: Jasmine as I walked to work. Yummy

Today, I touched: Floyd the neighborhood cat who has a habit of following me to work now >.<

Today, I tasted: A cookie from the work vending machine. It wasn't great, but appeased my laziness. It wasn't really work it

Heather Pinnow said...

Headaches seriously suck. I have a mild problem with them, but I have a friend who gets them constantly. If the vision thing isn't the problem, what my friend does is she gets these head massages that help get rid of her headaches for a while.

Kai said...

For the headaches, apparently there's this tree mold going around that's making people sick with headaches and congestion, and it's happened to me, and a lot of people I know.
Maybe that could be it?
Good luck with the doctor!

Tessa Jones said...

Liposuction.
I could use that too, as for other than my apple and few veggies. Most of what I ate today were full of carbs. Carbalicous!

J said...

Screw AIM! Damn right it's 2010, hahaha.
Anyway...

Today I SAW: Two muscular guys getting WAY too excited about their new Silly Bandz.

Today I SMELLED: Burnt Toast. Blechhh.

Today I TASTED: Chips Ahoy! Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies. Delicious!

Today I HEARD: A college talk for 4 of the Claremont Colleges (aka AWESOME SoCal privates schools). I always get super excited about the idea of college whenever I go to something like this. Just 1 more year! :D

Today I TOUCHED: My copy of Mockingjay as I hurriedly finished it. I was a bit dissatisfied with the ending but it was a fantastic book nonetheless.

comelygrace said...

Oh, myspace surveys. How I miss those days.

Good luck with your appointment, and I hope you figure out what's behind your headaches! :(

I have my first day of classes tomorrow so I am going to have a blast with that, I'm sure. I'm nervous to have to deal with this new living-off-campus-and-commuting-to-school thing rather than just rolling out of bed and into my classroom next door thing. Wait, did I say "new"? Sounds like high school to me, just with the addition of throwing on a wrinkly school uniform after rolling out of bed. I sort of miss uniforms. Wow.

Okay, rambling. You are awesome and I haven't been commenting because I've been busy moving into my new apartment, but it was fun to catch up on your blog tonight. And PJ rocks. :)

Good night!

anna said...

Today, I saw: really neat Birkenstocks

Today, I heard: the playlist of music given to me by my once almost boyfriend/ now just super close guy friend from last semester. I consider him to hold the key to my musical heart

Today, I smelled: oregano

Today, I touched: new strings for my ukulele

Today, I tasted: the refreshing beverage that comes from the faucet known as water

Anonymous said...

Personally I find that advil sometimes works better than tylenol, in case you wanted to try. I hope you get well soon and figure this thing out.

Anonymous said...

Personally I find that advil sometimes works better than tylenol, in case you wanted to try. I hope you get well soon and figure this thing out.

Michael said...

I used to get really bad headaches when I was in elementary school. Then they stopped. At least until this summer. Lately, I've been getting bad headaches as well. Me thinks it's something in the Ohio Air :)

euphonious said...

I have dreams about my teeth falling out all. the. time.

Apparently, if you believe in dream analysis, it means you're afraid to grow up and want to return to infancy.

I think it means that I'm deathly afraid of one day chewing my teeth out.

:D

Scott said...

hahaha, I respect your decision.

Thom said...

As a kid I used to have headaches, which now evolved into migraines, so that pretty much sucks... But about the dream of loosing your teeth, I have them every once in a while so once I looked it up in one of those dream thingy type of books and apparently loosing your teeth in a dream means that you are "Losing grip" of your life or something like that. I'm not trying to scare you or anything but you might like it to scan your dreams. I bet there's tons of websites out there with all the symbloic meanings of things that appear in your dream.

Anyway, to cut the story short. Good luck with your headaches. I know how friggin'annoying they can get, so get well soon :-)

Shauna said...

I have a thing about eyes too, but the doctor has always been really understanding of it. It's not uncommon so they're used to making people feel a bit more comfortable.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Cat (: said...

Heynow. I still use AIM (granted, I only really talk to one person hahah :D ). You can hook it up to your facebook chat and then people can facebook chat you even when you're not necessarily on facebook. I think that's cool, so I will continue to be retro and use AIM.

:D

Today (Yesterday. I've only been up for like 30 minutes) I saw: John Green's face. A lot. I'm using like 40 seconds of his Catcher In the Rye Part 2 video for an English presentation. NERDFIGHTERS HOO HAH.

Yesterday I heard: Neil Patrick Harris's wonderful voice on the Emmys. :D

Yesterday I smelled: delicious tortellini :D

Yesterday I touched: my phone, a lot. I text a lot.

Yesterday I tasted: Olive Garden baked ziti. soooo gooooood. :D

rachel claire said...

I have that dream about my teeth falling out all the time! Good luck with your eye appointment :)
I would do the senses but i've just woken up and haven't sensed much yet.

Newt said...

Holy crap, I just filled out that survey on a FFN forum the other day.
0.o

Kaz said...

Just an FYI, dreaming of teeth falling out is usually associated with the feeling that things are out of your control in your life.

I am a new follower, I got here from owlsayhoot. :)

Joanne said...

Hayley! My mom's a nurse, and she always tells me that she has to take care of a lot of women your ago who have taken too many tylenol/acetaminophen in a day, resulting in liver failure. Make sure you check the dosage you're taking (in milligrams) is not more than the recommended. I'm serious. I don't want my favourite blogger to be sent to the hospital!

Pip said...

Hayley, I totally filled out the same survey for one of my BEDA posts a few weeks ago. It was torture to finish the whole thing so I understand why you had to stop at 17 questions.

Today I saw: a lot of people wearing orange.
Toay I heard: the beautiful music of Greg Holden on my iPod as I walked to class.
Today I smelled: an eerily medical smell that reminded me of dissecting a cat in anatomy class.
Today I touched: the comforting smoothness of piano keys beneath my fingertips.
Today I tasted: 4 cups of stong black coffee to get through my morning classes.

Brianna said...

I have dreams my teeth fall out at least once a week.

Alice said...

Ah, this blog makes me nostalgic for the highschoolhayley posts, not in a "I don't love the current blogs" kind of way, but in a "oohh I sort of remember Justin Timberlake" kind of way. Sophomore year is awsome

Katie said...

Can I give you some advice. No?? oh... well I will anyway. I used to het headaches all the time but then I figured out it was at certain points of the day, I would have not drank any water for a while. I figured that it was I was dehydrated. I drank some water and viola! headache gone!! (tylenol didn't work either for those)

Leila Ora said...

So, a random piece of info...
Teeth falling out in dreams usually means a feeling of loss of control in one's life. You may also grind your teeth at night... It's one of the most common nightmares, up there with starting the first day of school and not knowing your schedule or where classes are being held.

Ali said...

I forgot all about xanga. Thank you for letting me spend my day at work being happy that I'm not the same girl I was in middle school.

Unknown said...

when you have dreams about your teeth falling out, it means you feel your life is going crazy, and not in your control anymore. just fyi...:) haha

Niki. said...

...Oh, so I am the only person who still uses aim, I guess. Oh. Oh well. =].

Kajsa said...

i dream that my teeth fall out too! i hate that dream. mina tänder ska stanna i munnen.

Taylor said...

when you dream about your teeth falling out, it's supposed to symbolize someone close to you being far away

Annie said...

Oh Hayley. I enjoy you. :)