Ten tips for getting over an asshole:
1. Stop listening to songs in which the angry girl protagonist reconsiders and decides she still really loves the guy who broke her heart, like this one and this one.
2. Listen only to songs about dying of AIDS and the sexual repression of German schoolboys.
3. Put an end to cheesy romantic internal monologues. Yes, you are looking at the same moon as him. But you're also looking at the same moon as Mikhail Gorbachev and Carrot Top, and how in love are you with them?
4. Curb all self-destructive tendencies!
5. Do not call him just to say goodnight. Ever. Put the phone down. PUT IT DOWN.
6. End all emotional attachments to inanimate objects and food products that are in some way associated with him. Eating a box of oreos will not make you feel better. Quite the opposite, in fact.
7. Start saying yes when other boys ask you out. Follow through.
9. Never read John Donne's "A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" ever, ever again.
10. Stop writing incriminating blog entries about him in hopes that he'll read it and give you attention.
Along with A.J.'s blog, I received this amusing comment from reader Eddy:
"Two boys come up to you at the same time and one has a cake and one has a
Chipotle burrito. Written on each item is 'Will you go to the prom with me,
Hayley?' Who would you choose?"
Well, let me put it this way: the second boy could ask, "Will you invade Russia in the winter with me, Hayley?" and if it were written on a burrito, I would say yes.
In youtubely news, yesterday I appeared in Kristina (italktosnakes)'s birthday video for Alex (nerimon), was mentioned in a text message by Kayley (owlssayhooot) in her fiveawesomegirls video, and filled in for a very busy Leah (professorspork) on her collab channel, wizrockateers. I'm planning on making a 5AG video tonight. I won't disclose any of the topics I'll discuss, because I don't want my videos to turn into me reiterating old blog material. But it should be fun.
Sexy: The dark, brooding guy in the corner reading a book instead of participating in social activities/smiling/being polite in any way.
Unsexy: Baggy acid-wash jeans. Or, you know... tight ones.
Chipotle burritos this year: 10
Days left of high school: 30
Bye, guys! See you later tonight. <3