Aww. According to Blogger, this is my 200th post in the Hayleylujah Chorus. In celebration....
200 Things on My Mind Today:
1. I'm in class, and my health teacher (remember her? O'Donbridge?) is talking about the dangers of breast cancer. Now, breast cancer is scary, important, and definitely not something any woman should feel embarrassed about discussing, but instead of just saying, "Women should have mammograms and do self-checks every month," she's currently pantomiming a circular, rubbing motion around her old woman boob. Not for, like, a few seconds, just to demonstrate. She's been full-on groping herself for as long as I've been writing this paragraph. Am I wrong to feel uncomfortable?
2. I'm glad a lot of you were amused by yesterday's post. To answer a few questions, NO, I did NOT turn that in as an assignment. I just thought it would be funny to write a nauseatingly show-offy piece about how people like me are nauseatingly show-offy. Also, I legitimately appreciated the couple commenters who wanted to keep me in check by pointing out the hypocrisy of pointing out others' hypocrisies. I guess I wasn't clear enough, because that was sort of the point. My intention was to show how I'm just like the rest of them, who are just like everyone else. But, let me tell you-- I'm very grateful to know that, in the event I ever do say something mean or judgmental, I have supportive readers who care enough about me to point it out. :)
3. I'm going to a Ben Folds concert tonight! As soon as this class is over, I'm driving a few hours home from school, where I'm going to meet The Situation (who's currently driving the six hours to my house), then driving with him to Cleveland. Ahh. The adventures I get myself into in the pursuit of sexy pianists.
4. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to use my first free pass for fiveawesomegirls tonight. I tried to make a video yesterday, but instead, I ended up finishing my homework for the next week so I wouldn't have to worry about it. To make up for it, item number 5 will include everything I would have said in a video.
5[AG]. Hey, girls. It's Thursday! Today is awesome because I'm going to see Ben Folds. This is some footage of my college campus. It's beautiful. Here's a clip of me scaring some stranger by interrogating him about why his day is awesome. I miss you all, you're freaking great, and Liane, I'll see you tomorrow.
6. I really don't think I'll be able to come up with 194 other things to say.
7. This was a really dumb idea.
8. I'm chewing a piece of spearmint gum.
9. Jess called off work this weekend so the two of us can have an all-day Best Friend Fest on Saturday. I think I'll stop eating today so I can make room for the inevitable hot salsa-induced damage I'll be doing to my stomach lining.
10. Did I say 200? I meant ten. Ten Things on My Mind Today. That's what I said.
Chipotle burritos this year: 13
Nail color: "Green with Envy," ORLY