- She taught me to strive for natural and inner beauty by placing more importance on my brain, heart and relationships than on my hair, makeup and clothes.
- She's an incredibly giving, supportive and unselfish wife, providing me with a positive example of a healthy, working marriage.
- On numerous occasions, she's driven several hours out of state to support my erratic lifestyle. Picking me up from Niagara Falls so I wouldn't miss the Deathly Hallows release, taking me to Michigan to meet a favorite author, driving me halfway to the long-distance boyfriend's house... my mom goes way beyond the call of duty. Especially for such a horrible driver.
- Her lasagna is amazing.
- She's selflessly devoted the vast majority of her life to taking care of (and worrying endlessly about) myself and my siblings.
- Even though we harass her about it, I love how she is still utterly incapable of telling a joke without cracking up before she can reveal the punchline.
- She allows me (encourages me, even) to blow thousands upon thousands of dollars on a Creative Writing degree, to wear costumes on the internet, and to invite people from around the world to sleep in our guest room.
- Her kindness, open-mindedness, sensitivity and pure intentions always come to mind when I'm tempted to judge another person.
- The woman can totally rock a cardigan.
- I know for sure that there is nothing I could do, say, or be that would change the way she loves me.
Whether you have a mother, are a mother, or just know and love one somewhere, I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!
Chipotle burritos this year: 8
Nail color: Bare
Miles run today: 1
P.S. Two new videos since my last post! Check them out here and here.